- My sister once told me that after so much bad, there would come something good. Yet as I sit here now, waiting for doctor Cartwirght, I find it hard to believe.
I look over to my right and see my mother staring forward with a gaze so focused on the wall infront it looks almost painful. I decide against making awkward conversation about the weather.
After a shortt while a mother and son walk into the room; the young boy shuffles to a chair while his mother aviods eye contact with everyone (so its not only mine then). I take notice of the boys malnourished appearence and wonder whats wrong with him to be here. I'm quickly interupted as I hear movements from the floor above me. I turn to look at the small square window set in the wall, in time to see a pair of male legs descending down the stairs. I turn away before the doctor walks through the door.
The pit of my stomach involentarily squirms as he walks up to us; "Ah, Frayer, how are you? Would you like to come upstairs with me?"
I try to smile in what I hope is a normal way, although my eyes are firmly set on the toy car that the boy is continuously pushing up and down the table in the middle of the room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment